Some cookies are so good, you simply can’t keep them to yourself .
I first encountered these Nutella Sea Salt Cookies at @butterdessertsalon in Dubai I haven’t stopped dreaming about them .
The cookie was soft and chewy, the Nutella oozed out as I broke the cookie.
These were the 2 most important requirements for my end result.
The cookie should not be over baked so the Nutella hardens.
Sea Salt Nutella Cookies
185g dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
110g chopped 55% dark choc
180g Nutella divided into 15g portions
Sea salt for sprinkling
How to do it.
- Prepare the Nutella filling; spoon 15g of Nutella per cookie, lay them on a lines baking tray and freeze.
Make your brown butter: melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam and then brown. Remove the pan from heat once you have a brown, nutty butter.
Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarb of soda and cornflour in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the sugar and brown butter.
- Add the vanilla essence, once cooled slightly add the eggs and continue to mix.
- Next add the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- lastly add the chopped dark chocolate.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C thermofan and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Allow the dough to soften before working with it.
- Spoon 50g dough and roll into a ball.
- Flatten the dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand. Place the frozen Nutella in the middle and fold dough around it, add 20g more dough gently roll into a ball, it doesn’t have to be perfectly rolled! Flatten and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Once cooled lightly sprinkle sea salt over them.